Mike Damphousse, CEO and CMO of Green-Leads approached me with a great question the other day. Leadlander, a Sales 2.0 company, tracks when people visit your site and lets you know when it's happening.
Here's what Mike asked ... Within a day or two of sending an initial email to someone, leaving a phonemail or posting a blog article or tweet, I see they (or someone from their company) have visited our site.
How aggressively do I go after them?
Do I pounce immediately? Do I pause and call shortly thereafter? Do I just nurture them? Do I wait a couple days then call?
Great question! Mike sought the opinions of a number of lead generation experts. Check out the article on his site that includes commentary from:
• Anneke Seley, author Sales 2.0
• Craig Rosenberg, Funnelholic
• Jeff Ogden, Fearless Competitor
• Me, Selling to Big Companies
• Mac McIntosh, Sales Leads Insights
• Miles Austin, Fill the Funnel
• Trish Bertuzzi, Inside Sales Experts Blog
• Nigel Edelshain, Sales 2.0
• Mike Damphousse, Green-Leads
What would you do? Pounce, pause, nurture or wait?